DOC LOSES $3K IN FIRE

A Mpilo doctor says he lost $3 000 he had saved for his wedding after a fire engulfed doctors quarters.

“I am preparing for my wedding and these days service providers are demanding forex hence I was saving forex,” he said.

The hospital board chairperson Mrs Sichelesile Ncube is appealing to the corporate world and the public to help rebuild property valued at nearly $300 000 which was destroyed.
She said the fire which engulfed the doctors’ bar and a wing with apartments for about 15 doctors, resulted in most medical practitioners losing all their property.

Bulawayo Chief Fire Officer Mr Richard Peterson said his office was contacted late hence it could not save the building and all the property.

He said a bar attendant at the block saw the fire but had no numbers for emergency services.

0 comments: