TWO ZIMBAS FOUND DEAD IN BOTSWANA


Two Zimbabwean lovers have been found dead in Botswana after suffocating.

The lovers, both aged 33 years old, suffocated following a gas leak at a woman's rented room.

The two had boiled water on a single burner cadac stove, and reportedly slept.

"They had locked themselves in the room and the windows were tightly closed, we suspect the gas suffocate in their sleep," Palapye deputy station commander assistant superintendent Kelebeletse Lotsholo said.

Lotsholo said the deceased were last seen on Thursday.  She said, according to the sibling to the man, his brother left their place of dwelling to visit the woman on Thursday.

On Friday, he didn’t turn up for work and his phone rang unanswered. On Saturday, while he still did not pick his brother's call, the suspicious brother went over to the woman’s place to enquire of his whereabouts.

He knocked without answer but the key was on the lock. The landlord assisted with a spare key and upon opening, the two were found dead on the bed.

Lotsholo said they do not suspect foul play but said the bodies of the deceased have been taken for a post-mortem.

"The woman is from Gweru and the man comes from Harare and we have notified their parents. Meanwhile, our investigations continue and the bodies of the deceased are awaiting post-mortem," she said. mmegi

0 comments: